Friday, November 4, 2011

Indeed

We have entered November, in just 20 days it will be Thanksgiving.

The day after Thanksgiving is the kick of of the holiday season for me. I will be setting up my tree. I do not participate in the Black Friday Sales. Sure, there are lots of good deals. But with those good deals come insane crowds.


No, thank you.

In fact, most of my gifts are already bought. Half of them have even been wrapped. Don't hate me.

I am one of those horribly organized people, when it comes to Christmas anyway. I buy gifts all year long. Stow them away in totes in my attic.

I keep a list of the people I shop for in a little notebook. Each person has a page. What they like. If they collect anything. Favorite color. Sizes. Maybe something I heard them say they wanted.

I started doing this a few years ago. I noticed a terrible trend in my life. Come holiday time, I never seem to have any money. Less hours at work, some car malfunction....always something. It stinks. Especially when you have children. I have children and I don't want them to be disappointed come Christmas morning.

In the current economy I rarely have money anyway. Needless to say, it seems nobody has any money. But if I had not started this custom before I would have started it this year.

I highly recommend it. My tree is up, with all my presents underneath. I have the entire month of December to enjoy the season. Indulge in baking. Holiday movies. Crafts. I will usually buy one or two things. Because there will be something new and cool that is the must-have for my offspring. Santa is usually the giver of these things.

I am rather crafty. This is also the time of year I make the handmade things I intend to give this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment